What it Looks Like to Live A Purpose-Driven Life
There is no greater gift that you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.
Have you had the privilege to be in the presence of someone who is doing work that she is ‘born to do?’ Someone who consistently shows up connected to her true self and exudes an aura of, I have my shit together, I OWN this space…You want to hate her, BUT you just can’t help but love her… These gals are a rare and special find, and I hope you are so fortunate to have a few of them already in your life.
To answer the question, what does ‘living your purpose’ look like? A few close friends fit the bill. One is a devoted, stay-at-home mom to three little ones, another is my bestie who just hung her shingle and is taking full ownership of the trajectory of her career, and another example of living a purpose-driven life is a friend who is an industry leader in the Organizational Development space and currently works for a Fortune 500.
Gold Nugget: You can live out your purpose from anywhere you desire – from your living room, from a corner table at a Starbucks, or from someone else’s boardroom.
Here are my observations and how I feel when in the presence of these wonderful gems.
What I see:
- Quiet confidence fostered from knowing they’re making full use of their unique gifts.
- Generosity to share their gift with others/pass on their best practices and lessons learned.
- Authenticity because ‘IT’ comes from their core.
How they make me feel:
- Motivated to find my ‘IT’ factor because it looks so incredibly soul-satisfying!
- Grateful to observe and learn yet a bit envious that they have it all figured out.
It is so important to surround yourself with and learn from people who are in the midst of or have achieved what you want.